Friday, March 13, 2009

Who I want to be

Another happy day!!!! I can’t believe surgery is 13 days away, Crazy!!!! The other night my pastor was talking about the Church letting to much of the world in… and I’ve been chewing it ever since… I try to take a look at my own life and see if there are things where I’ve let the world sneak in and wedge itself between me and God. I actually find I do this a lot anyway. As someone who fell away from Serving God it’s a fear that I have. I know how hard it is to swallow your pride and admit that his ways are indeed higher than your own and you are in no position to try to tell God how your going to serve him, he laid it out, and his scripture is not open to private interpolation… the bible says there is one lord one faith one baptism, it also says that you can’t serve to masters, because you will end up hating one and loving the other. I don’t want to try to serve two masters, I want to make serving God my priority… My son has started showing an interest in God and I want him to see that God is real in my life, not just something I do on Sunday and Wednesday… I don’t know how many of you listen to “Christian” radio but there is a song out right now called “the motions” by Mathew West…. That’s what I’m talking about!!!!! I want to follow God’s word in all of its truth… I don’t think its enough to just look the part, but you have to be the part… yes I believe in a standard of holiness, but I believe that you also have to have a Christ like heart… I want to have enough God about me to pray for my enemies not against them… I want to have enough God about me to show the same forgiveness to people that God Showed me… to be a Christian is to be Christ like… Jesus Christ was willing to be a lamb led to the slaughter for me… if you think he doesn’t expect the same resolve from us think about the apostles, Stephen for example was willing to die, and when he was dying did he back down and try to make appease everyone? No, he didn’t! He preached the word of God, and tried to reach lost souls… I love that!!!!!