Monday, November 24, 2008

Season of Change

Ecclesiastes 3
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is
planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a
time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Starting last week we had a lot of events in our life. First we lost someone that had gone to church for a long time… he was older and had battled cancer for ten years… Then I found out that a cousin of mine passed away in his sleep, he was only 30 years old and had three children ( 8, 7, and three months) he had a heart transplant when he was younger and that gave him I think close to 20 more years… these are both sad situations.. And they both hurt… but everything has a season… And there is a reason for all things in God’s perfect plan… after all the loss it was a true blessing when Sunday Morning some close friends of ours had their third child… and it made me think of the scriptures at the beginning of this blog… Sometimes I think we can get so caught up in being bitter over things we feel like we “lose” that we forget to appreciate the things we have, the trick is to cherish what you have while you have it, that way if its season with you ends before you expect you will have no regrets over the things you wish you would have done. I saw an e-mail about not waiting, and living every day like it was your last… If today was my last day first I would want to know that I had done all I know to do to make sure I’m saved… because when this life ends, eternity is what we have waiting. Second I would want all of my friends, Family, In-laws!!!, and Church family to know that I love them… of course I would want to know my wife and son were taken care of, but I already know that as long as they serve God they WILL be o.k.… anyway, I’m done for now… just try to remember that none of us are promised another breath… 30 years is only 2 years older than me… Make sure that the things you deem important are in check.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Sorry to hear of your losses. Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! You are so very right. You definatly have a gift and God is using you. It is very encouraging to hear the things you post. I get kinda excited because it's a little like short sermons and I am so hungry for wisdom and growth right now that I love the extra blessings I am getting from your blog every week. Some of them have went right along with my life and ,you, letting God work through you, has taken me through that next step up the mountian. Sorry kinda got carried away on here but I just want you to know what your doing here is wonderful! Keep them coming!!