Friday, December 5, 2008

Weight Loss Surgery Update

To those who are wondering about the “Bariatric Surgery” with me… I talked to June (my coordinator) and she said that I have been accepted into the program…. They are now going to submit to the Insurance (which can take 30 to 90 days) and I have some things I have to do before hand… those things being my family Dr. has to send them some more of my history and I have to have a sleep study (check me for sleep apnea). And before I have surgery I need to meet with Dr. Alverti (the surgeon) at this point, if the insurance agrees I’m looking at March time frame for the surgery… It just keeps getting more and more real… o.k. that’s that!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, I guess its good you got approved! Its so scary to think about for me though! I wish you luck. Will you have to go through some counciling sessions? YOu know to like help you deal with the food issues, or do they just do it and let you deal with that on your own?

Andy said...

I had to go to an informational meeting where they explained what would happen, and then I had to talk to a dietition... and then before the surgery I will have a all day meeting with them where they explain "everything" too me... they seem to be pretty thorough so far... but I also have some great friends that have been through it and are a wonderful support system!!!! It is scary... but the alternative is even scarier!!!