Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weight Loss Surgery Update 12/16/08

Today when I got into work I had an e-mail from Chicago… it was them sending me copies of the letters they sent my Family Doctor and Insurance company… it was a little odd because I was reading this paper where they were talking about me to someone else… just really impersonal ( I felt like a lab rat)… anyway here is there reasons that they gave for me having the surgery….

“The patient's current medical co-morbidities associated with morbid obesity (ICD-9 code 278.01) include diabetes mellitus (250.40), hypertension (401.1), hyperlipidemia (272.4), and possible sleep apnea (780.51).”

Its really weird, cause I know that the doctor has me on like four different medications and two of them I take twice a day… but until I read about me from a third party stand point I don’t think it really ever sunk in… something else… the one they are requesting is the “laparoscopic duodenal switch” which is the one where they actually go in and remove (not staple) part of your stomach… it is the most extreme, but it gives the most “permanent” results. According to the letter the hospital stay will be 2-3 days.. and then there will be 6 follow up visits… that’s all I know for now.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like its gonna all work out for ya:)

Jill said...

I gave you an award,, check out my blog for the info, and dont feel pressured to hand it out to others, it really doesnt matter I just thought that you deserved this one!!!