Monday, December 8, 2008

Events from the weekend

Stephanie and I went to that Brandon Heath Concert on Saturday… It was pretty good… I like his voice but I have to admit my favorite songs of his are the ones they play on the radio… but that’s o.k.… it was still fun. There was a guy sitting right in front of us that proposed to his Girlfriend… it was pretty cool, if I was the “sensitive type” I would go into more detail on this but I won’t sorry J and then on the way home there was the snow… oh so much snow… and the only thing I dislike more than driving in snow is riding with someone else driving in snow so I decided to go ahead and drive…. Not a shining moment in my life!!!! I also found out that the brother of a childhood friend of mine passed away… I will be going to his viewing today over lunch… he was only 32… its really weird in the last couple weeks I have known two people under 35 pass away. It just goes to show that we are not guaranteed tomorrow to “make things right “. Last night was my night to preach/teach/whatever it is I do, and that came up a little bit, so I’m not going to go on and on about it… but I will say this… look at your life… really look at your life and what you’ve chosen to do with it… if you were to die today would you be o.k.… would you really be o.k.? its something I ask myself all the time, am I doing what I should… there is this assumption that just being a good person will get you to heaven… the bible says “And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?” (1peter 4:18)… it also says “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leaded unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Mathew 7:14)… one other thought and then I am done… have you ever thought about the fact that in the popular Story about Noah and the ark that God only saved 8 people out of the whole world… (Noah, his wife, his three sons and there wives) He saved those that listened to his voice…

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yeah, the snow was awful!! ON Sat. we were driving in and home from Ft. Wayne, 30 was a mess! No fun!!Even the semis were going kinda slow and it was dark so that made it worse, Ben doesnt normally get stressed from driving but I could tell he was that night!
I forgot to tell ya we got the game Rock Band for our wii! ITs so fun! YOu should come play sometime!!